"the coldest winter i ever spent was a summer in san francisco"

I’ve loved San Francisco since I went there last summer for a super quick work trip. I ranted and raved about it when I got home to my mom and convinced her that was where our next family vacation needed to be.

It amazes me how drastically different the weather is in San Francisco from other parts of California. When you think of California in the summer you think of sunshine & beaches not sweaters, scarves & wind! After the first day you quickly learn how to dress in layers. The last time I went there I definitely didn't pack properly so I spread the word to everyone in my family that although it was a summer vacation shorts & tank tops weren't going to get it in the city by the bay.

My mom is an interior decorator & my step dad is an architect so our first day in San Fran was spent scaling the giant hills of Pacific Heights (the most expensive part of the city) to look at the beautiful houses & wishing we lived there.
"Painted Ladies"

Labels: , , , ,