french toast cupcakes.

Any one that has met me knows that I have a MAJOR sweet tooth!! The best part of any meal is dessert. We always joke around in my family that when we have holiday parties or family get together we should eat in reverse and start with dessert because thats all anyone cares about anyway! My Aunt Luann is the baking queen so I must have got my baking skills from her. I can't cook for the life of me, but baking I've got down packed!

I dont' remember where I first heard of French Toast Cupcakes but I know the second I heard about them I needed to try them! French Toast & Cupcakes sounds like a perfect combo to me! So I googled different recipes and settled on this one! To top it off I made Maple Buttercream frosting...amazing!

They are a little sweet but no one is complaining. I think next time I make this recipe I am going to make a 2 layer cake and have the Maple Buttercream be the filling and do a Whipped Cream Frosting!

The next recipe I'm trying is for Root Beer Float Cupcakes!!! Try it here.
French Toast Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted then cooled.
2 eggs
1 tsp. maple extract
1/2 cup whole milk

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with baking liners.

2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, and eggs until combined. Then add maple extract.

4. Alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk into your liquid mixture. Make three additions of flour and two of milk. Beat until smooth.

5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.

6. Cool cupcakes for 10 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool completely before frosting.


Maple Buttercream

Ingredients:
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbs. brown sugar
2 Tbs. maple syrup
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1. Place softened butter in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 30-40 seconds until soft and whipped.

2. Scrape sides of bowl. Sift powdered sugar into bowl. Beat with mixer 30-40 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and add the brown sugar and maple syrup.

3. Beat for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is fluffy, scraping sides of bowl as needed.

4. Stir in walnuts until just mixed and spread on cooled cake. (I sprinkled a few extra walnuts on top of each cupcake too!)


Labels: , , ,