Easiest Recipe EVER!! No Baking involved. Definitely making a huge batch later this week and keeping them in the freezer. Just talking about these is making me want one! I always catch myself buying Reese's Peanut Butter Cups at the drugstore & the supermarket, but NO MORE!!! I'm only eating homemade from now on! The peanut butter mixture inside these cups is amazing.
graham crackers + peanut butter + salt =
the PERFECT combination of salty & sweet, crunchy & smooth!!
Ingredients (makes 12 cups) :
- 3 cups of chocolate (I used Nestle All Natural Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (I used All Natural it comes out better!)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
It gets a little messy!! But who cares it was so much fun making these!
1. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Melt 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. If using microwave make sure you do it in short bursts so it doesn't burn.
3. Using the back of a spoon, paint a layer of melted chocolate onto the bottoms and sides of the paper liners. Don't skimp on the chocolate here; coat the liners generously. Set the bowl aside with any remaining melted chocolate left in it.
4. Put the muffin pan in the refrigerator for 20 minutes while you make the peanut butter filling.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, crushed graham crackers, powdered sugar and salt. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
6. Return the bowl used to melt the chocolate to the double boiler or microwave and add the remaining chocolate and melt.
7. Remove the muffin pan from the refrigerator. Put one spoonful of the peanut butter mixture into each paper liner. Tap down each mound with your fingertips to "nest" it into the chocolate bottom.
8. Using a spoon, dollop the top of each peanut butter mixture with a generous portion of chocolate.
9. Use the back of a teaspoon to smooth out the tops.
10. Place the muffin pan in the refrigerator. Within one hour, your cups should be set, depending how cold your fridge runs.
11. Remove the pan from the refrigerator & enjoy!!
Here are all the goodies we made at our annual girls sleepover! It was a dessert party...could you have guessed?? I still can't move, but it was worth it!
I found this recipe @ Design*Sponge
her recipes are amazing! Check them out!
Labels: dessert, family, recipe