Smoothie Pops

Considering its been 90+ and HUMID as hell here in NY the past few weeks when I saw this recipe for Smoothie Pops I knew they were a must make! Smoothies are one of my go to meal replacements, so frozen smoothies on a stick...pretty perfect combo!! If you follow me on TWITTER you already know I spent last night making these babies!! ((& secretly wishing I had one at work right now because the Greek yogurt I brought for breakfast tastes terrible!!! Note to Self: Never buy Honey Chobani again.))

These are the perfect breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack that Everyone will love & kids will never know they're actually eating something HEALTHY! Each of these pops is about 80 calories & NO FAT depending on what type of milk you use. 
Throw out your ice pops & start making smoothie pops for the perfect Summer Treat!

livingaftermidnite - smoothie pop recipe 10
All you need is:
Milk (I used Almond Milk because I'm lactose intolerant)
Frozen Berries (I used raspberries, but you can try any berry combo)
Yogurt
Paper Cups
Wooden Popsicle Sticks (I couldn't find any so I used Wooden Coffee Stirrers!)

I bet you're thinking...Why can she eat Yogurt if she's lactose intolerant?? Apparently the bacteria & cultures in yogurt cancel out the lactose! So milk, cheese & ice cream are OUT & yogurt (including fro-yo!!) is IN for me!

Lets get STARTED!!
livingaftermidnite - smoothie pop recipe 9
 Mix 3/4 cup of berries, 3/4 cup of yogurt & 3/4 cup of milk in a blender.

livingaftermidnite - smoothie pop recipe 7
livingaftermidnite - smoothie pop recipe 6
Taste yours to make sure its blended enough & it tastes good. 
I needed to add a little more yogurt to mine so it was more firm.

livingaftermidnite - smoothie pop recipe 5
Pour smoothies into paper cups. I used 9 oz, but you can use any size you want!

livingaftermidnite - smoothie pop recipe 4
Place popsicle sticks in center of cups.
I seriously couldn't find ANY popsicle sticks so I found these wooden stirrers in the grocery store & figured stacking them would create the same effect as one thick stick.

livingaftermidnite - smoothie pop recipe 3
Freeze for 3 hours!

livingaftermidnite - smoothie pop recipe 2
Cut paper cup off smoothie pop...

livingaftermidnite - smoothie pop recipe 1
& ENJOY!!! I know I did!

There are a ton of variations for this recipe. Try freezing your favorite smoothie combination. I'm definitely trying banana & pineapples next time!

Labels: , , ,