August Birchbox

Livingaftermidnite - August Birchbox 5
I don't know why I didn't jump on the Birchbox bandwagon sooner. Just about every beauty blogger raves about it and I read posts every month of all the awesome things they get to test & just get annoyed that I'm not a member! So I finally did it!!! August's Birchbox was my first one & I was SO excited when it showed up at my door.
Livingaftermidnite - August Birchbox 4
Livingaftermidnite - August Birchbox 2
(l to r) Blinc Eyeliner, WEI Correcting Eye Treatment Pads, Pangea Organics Facial Cleanser, Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask
Livingaftermidnite - August Birchbox 1
First up is Blinc Eyeliner! This eyeliner claims to be "the original eyeliner invented to form a water-resistant layer of color that contours your eye." It cannot fade, smudge, run or flake & it lasts all day. I COMPLETELY AGREE with this description. This liquid liner is AMAZING. It does not budge one bit once its dry & its as black as can be! I applied it, let it dry then tried to smudge it & it did not move! My only complaint - and this might only be the sample size packaging - is that it was a little difficult to unscrew the tube & when I did the liquid splattered a little on my fingers. I love love love the winged eye look with liquid liner & I would definitely buy the full sized version of this.


WEI Tibetan Chrysanthemum Correcting Eye Treatment Pads claim to minimize the appearance of dark circles & eyes will look well rested after only 10 minutes. Tibetan Chrysanthemum diminishes the appearance of puffiness by awakening the skin with energy flow. This sample came with 2 packages to try out! These Eye Pads felt so amazing when I had them on my eyes. I laid down at night for 12 minutes with these babies on and I felt so relaxed. The cooling sensation on my eyes felt great. Afterwards I applied eye cream like the direction say & in the morning I woke up and I actually looked refreshed. My only complaint about these is that they smell kind of like an alcoholic drink! & when I took the pads of of the packaging a lot of extra liquid dripped all over me. Overall I would buy these again and maybe make it a routine to use them once a week. The full sized products are a little pricey ($60 for 10 sets of pads) but if I used them once a week it definitely would be worth it!
Livingaftermidnite - August Birchbox 3
Pangea Organics Facial Cleanser made with Austrilian wild plum & willow. The ingredients help to purify, balance & rejuvenate. They are also anti-irritants, anti-blemishs & antioxidants. It claims to thoroughly cleanse while respecting the skin's delicate pH. I'm disappointed with this product. The one positive thing I can say about it is that is smells great, but I felt like my skin didn't feel clean after using it.  My skin felt a little sticky after washing the cleanser off, I thought the feeling would go away once my skin dried but it didn't.

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask claims that after 1 use there is 96% less breakage. I am always excited to try out different hair treatments especially hair masks. First off this smells amazing!! I used it yesterday after washing my hair and even with the massive amount of hair I have I only needed to use half of the container which is awesome because I'll get 2 applications out of this. I left it in for about 10 minutes, and it made my hair feel super super silky and smooth. I didn't put any other products in my hair & when it was completely dry I did notice it was a lot softer than usual.

Overall I'm really happy about this month's Birchbox! I probably would have never tried any of these products otherwise. Already looking forward to next month's...crossing my fingers for a NARS product or some awesome nailpolish!

Are you a member?? What did you think about this month's products? I'd LOVE to hear your opinion.

For more information or to sign up for Birchbox click HERE.

Labels: , , ,