Room for Style: Let's Get Inspired to Decorate

Let's Get Inspired
When I start on a new project I like to to get inspired. This guest bedroom design we worked around an iron bed. This particular customer's taste was eclectic, and I wanted their guests to feel comfortable staying in this room. So I start searching...
Get Inspired to Decorate | #LivingAfterMidnite

First, I fell in love with this bedding from West Elm (Spring Blossom). It's grey, taupe and plum pattern was my inspiration for the entire room. Next, I started to pull ideas to dress the windows, I created a design that consisted of a custom box pleat valance that will hang over pinch pleat drapes. I found the perfect striped fabric for the panels and used a solid fabric for the valance. Last I selected Benjamin Moore "Hint of Violet" as my wall color. 
Room for Style: Let's Get Inspired
At this point the walls, windows & actual bed looked great, but the room needed some additional furniture. I found a chest at a small furniture store that had a grey washed finish. Then added two different bed side tables in the same finish topped with a more contemporary lamp on each. I finished up by adding a comfortable chair in the corner and pulled the room together with a large textured area rug.
Get Inspired to Decorate | #LivingAfterMidnite
Get Inspired to Decorate | #LivingAfterMidnite
Get Inspired to Decorate | #LivingAfterMidnite
Get Inspired to Decorate | #LivingAfterMidnite


Bedding: West Elm "Spring Blossom"
Window Treatment Fabrics by: J.F. Fabrics "Jules" (Pattern # 50J5461)
Paint: Benjamin Moore "Hint of Violet"(#2114-60)
Chest: Country Willow
Chair: Crate & Barrel "Clara Chair"
Table Lamp: Circa Lighting
Ceiling Fixture: Lamps Plus
Custom Area Rug: Kravet (similar)

Decorating an empty room is not an easy task, that's why I recommend getting inspired! I would suggest looking through a few magazines and see if you find a style you like, look through your closet for your favorite outfit to pull a color scheme together, take a walk through the home department in a store and see if something catches your eye. You can create a whole room around one item, such as a pillow, an area rug or a piece of art. Just relax and enjoy the process. The most important thing to remember is, it's all about you, your lifestyle and the function of the room!

For any design questions or assistance please email WendyH@Wallauer.com

Like this series? Check out our past Room for Style posts!
& Make sure to follow our Room for Style Pinterest Board for all our "Inspired by" Looks ((both Decorating & Fashion))

Labels: , , ,