Travel like a Pro with these 3 Packing Tips

I'm on a roll with the Fall Travel posts, first Fall Travel Essentials & now packing tips!! Geez, I better book some weekend getaways fast!

I don't have any brilliant packing tips because to be honest I'm a HORRIBLE packer when it comes to clothes. I ridiculously overpack and end up never wearing half the stuff. But 1 thing I've got down to a science is packing beauty & accessories, so I thought I'd share my favorite tips!

First up beauty products...I'm a bit of a beauty junkie so I have hundreds (possible thousands) of sample beauty products filling the drawers of my vanity so I LOVE to use vacations to test these out because it's much easier to travel with a trial size vial of a product. And the best part...you can throw out the empty when you're done which equals more room for in your suitcase for a couple new items you may have picked up on your trip!
Travel Like a Pro with these 3 Packing Tips | #LivingAfterMidnite
Travel Like a Pro with these 3 Packing Tips | #LivingAfterMidnite
foundation / minimergency kit / makeup wipes / makeup primer / eye cream / carefree liners    mascara / bronzer / brow gel / lipstick / dry shampoo

When packing light for a weekend trip jewelry is crucial!! I'm looking to bring versatile, but statement making pieces that will transform an outfit. I want to be able to wear the same t-shirt & jeans from day to night by adding a great necklace or pair of earrings! My favorite way to actually pack jewelry for trips is to pack each piece in a pouch then pack everything in a clutch (or 2)!
Travel Like a Pro with these 3 Packing Tips | #LivingAfterMidnite
Travel Like a Pro with these 3 Packing Tips | #LivingAfterMidnite
earrings / ring / studs / bangles 

Last, but not least, SHOES! I unfortunately don't have any groundbreaking advice for packing shoes other than to use a shoe bag for each pair! If you think that they are going to get crushed during travel I recommend sticking a pair or two of socks in them to help hold their shape!
Travel Like a Pro with these 3 Packing Tips | #LivingAfterMidnite

I just booked a trip to Paris & London for the new year and I'm literally dreading the packing process. Thank god for this How to Pack Like a Pro video - crossing my fingers these tips will keep me from overpacking and driving myself crazy!!

Share your packing tips in the comments! I'd love to hear them!

So soft, so thin, so absorbent. Carefree® Acti-Fresh® daily liners leave you feeling nothing but fresh. Get $0.50 off any Carefree product at http://www.carefreeliners.com/carefree-coupons-offers.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Energizer Personal Care via Glam Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Energizer Personal Care.

Loving what you see here? Follow me on TwitterFacebookInstagram & Pinterest!

Labels: ,