Room for Style: Decorating | Refresh in 2015

Let's jump start the new year!

January is when I take the time and walk through my house and see what I want or need to refresh. Sometimes it's just a matter of moving things around and sometimes it's time to change out. Either way I'm always conscious of my budget. So let's get started!
Jump Start the New Year by Decorating | #LivingAfterMidnite
Inspiration thanks to HGTV. The white & blues make this a very relaxing room & very easy to reproduce. I would start with the paint color, try Benjamin Moore Serenata AF-535 for the walls & Constellation AF-540 for the trim.

When I need inspiration I grab a few magazines or sit with my computer and surf the web, but that's just for the ideas. Now the work begins finding an affordable substitution.
Jump Start the New Year by Decorating | #LivingAfterMidnite
Who said your can't have a pretty laundry room? This simple valance can be made using a board as long as the width of your window, a yard or fabric & some twine or rope.

Jump Start the New Year by Decorating | #LivingAfterMidnite
Bookcases must be dressed...& not just with books! Rummage through your home and find interesting things - favorite photos anything with a pop of color and start building.

Jump Start the New Year by Decorating | #LivingAfterMidnite
This sitting area can be pulled together relatively inexpensively. Place your favorite chair in the corner of your bedroom, frame a photo in an oversized frame & shop for an interesting side table. As the the mirror and film reel, these are items you can shop for at flea markets or you can even get an inexpensive mirror, frame it yourself then stain or paint it! ((& did you see that headboard in the reflection? DIY!))

These are just a few photos I'm working with to inspire me this year!
Have fun finding your inspiration...


& as always if you need any professional advice or help feel free to email me at Whughes04@optonline.net

Don't miss our past Room for Style Decorating Posts - Hint of GlintConfidently ColorHoliday Dressing & make sure to follow our Room for Style Pinterest Board for all our "Inspired by" Looks ((both Decorating & Fashion))

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  | Pinterest
photos via

Labels: , ,