How Maximize Your Daily Productivity with smartwater


Compensation was provided by smartwater via Mode Media.
IMG_4704

In July 2010 when sat down and decided to start a blog I never imagined I would be writing a post on how to juggle a full time job, blogging and normal life! While I’m not quite at the level of being able to blog full time, that doesn’t mean that blogging part time isn’t hard work. Over the years through lots of trial and error I’ve found what works for me to stay organized and keep on top of my schedule to maximize my free time and daily productivity. Here are my 5 tips on how to make the most out of your time!

How to create a blog schedule with smartwater | #LivingAfterMidnite

1. Start your morning with a to-do list. Every morning when I get to work I make a cup of coffee or tea, scroll through emails and make a to-do list of things that need to be done. It helps me to put every single thing put, whether it’s extremely important (like finish tomorrow’s blog post) or trivial (like pick up lettuce from the supermarket), because if it’s not there for me to stare at all day it’s not going to get done. Once I write it all down, I get started and keep it next to me throughout the day in case something else pops into my head and to cross things off as I finish them (because there’s nothing more gratifying than crossing something off a list).

2. Get multiple planners! I have one planner that I use solely to map out and schedule blog content. On a monthly basis I start by deciding how many posts of each category I’m going to do (fashion, makeup, nails…), then I spread them out over the weekdays so I’m not posting too much of the same content each week. On a weekly basis I create a checklist to make sure each post goes live and gets shared across of all my social media accounts. My second planner I use to schedule my social life! Pure Barre, dance class, blogger events, family obligations, everything! If I don’t write it down I’ll forget it. And most importantly I only use pencil, my schedule is constantly changing and if my planner looks like a mess, so will my head.

How to create a blog schedule with smartwater | #LivingAfterMidnite

3. Have a dedicated workspace. My desk is set up in the living room of my apartment with my desktop computer, files, magazines and any smaller items I’m currently reviewing organized in bins. I get easily distracted when I’m trying to put together blog posts so I find I can focus better when sitting at a desk with everything I need in arms reach.  But sometimes I need a break from my giant computer monitor especially after a couple hours of editing photos, so I love to escape to my bedroom with my laptop. It may not be possible for many people to have 2 computers, but having both really helps me be able to work efficiently in and out of the home.

How to create a blog schedule with smartwater | #LivingAfterMidnite

4. Stay hydrated! I have a bottle of water with me at all times, whether I’m driving, at the office, working out or typing away on my laptop. After 27 years I can finally say that I am in tune with my body and while other people may need caffeine to stay focused, I need lots of water. I easily go through about 5 or 6 large bottles a day and when I don’t I notice a huge decline in my productivity.

How to create a blog schedule with smartwater | #LivingAfterMidnite

5. Be spontaneous! Sometimes you just need to shut off the computer and pack away your planner in favor of dinner and drinks with your best friends or a night of lounging in your sweats watching TV. I find that if I don’t do this every once in a while I get a little stir crazy and I know that while I may have to stay up a little later the next night to catch up, it will absolutely be worth it!


While I can’t promise that you’ll wake up tomorrow morning with your life completely in order, you’ll be one step closer than you were before. It took me over 4 years to figure out what works best for me and I’m still learning every single day. My free time is minimal, but with these 5 tips I make the most out of what I have!


How do you maximize your time & stay organized? I’d love to know what works best for you!

SW_logo

This story is brought to you by smartwater, who believes in making progress every day little by little and sip by sip. That’s how you move up up up.

Labels: ,