Makeup Monday: Nourishing Foundation & Smoky Eye

Gray Smoky Eye Makeup
Gray Smoky Eye
Gray Smoky Makeup
Long time, no talk when it comes to Makeup Monday...and the worst part about it is that I actually took these photos a few weeks ago, but with my crazy schedule I just haven't gotten around to editing them and writing this post! The upside is that I've actually gotten a chance to wear MAC's new Pro-Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation for about 3 weeks and my review of it will be MUCH better now. 

I'm happy to report that this foundation is AMAZING, it goes on so smooth and literally lasts ALL day and night without wearing off (trust me I wore it to a wedding yesterday while it was 95 degrees with 100% humidity and my makeup looked just as perfect at 10pm as it looked when I applied it at 10am.) I would say its medium coverage with one layer, but could easily be layered for more coverage. I've heard that this foundation doesn't work on every skin type though so if you're interested in trying it out I suggest heading the the MAC counter and getting a sample first. Also make sure you apply this foundation with a damp Beauty Blender, applies it with your fingers or a brush doesn't allow the foundation to properly blend into your skin. And since it's waterproof I suggest picking up makeup wipes or makeup remover to take this off at the end of the night, my regular makeup removing cleanser isn't enough to get this completely off my skin.

Have you tried MAC's new foundation yet?
  1. Prime face with Skindinavia Makeup Primer Spray (c/o) to prep skin for foundation.  Apply MAC Pro-Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation to face with damp Beauty Blender. Conceal under eye circles with It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concelear.
  2. Using bareMinerals California Bronze Palette (c/o) apply The Ocean View to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply Avon Blush in Coral Radiance to apples of cheeks and blend. Set makeup with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil (c/o). 
  3. Prime eyelids with Julep Eye Primer (c/o). From bareMinerals The Power Neutrals Palette (c/o), apply Exec to lid and Moneymaker in crease and blend. Line upper lashes with Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner. Curl lashes with Sephora Show Curl Lash Curler. Prime upper lashes with Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer & follow with 3 coats of Maybelline The Falsies Mascara. Groom and fill in brows with Benefit Gimme Brow
  4. Finish lips with Buxom Lip Polish in Kimberly (c/o).
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  | Pinterest
Snapchat | @jackiegiardina

Sharing my secret to finding the best deals online here!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,