5 Must-Have Winter Coats

5 Must-Have Winter Coats

The most important accessory a woman needs during the Winter is a great coat. I have built up quite the collection during my adult life, but I've evaluated my closet and have come up with a list of 5 must-have winter coat styles every woman needs in her wardrobe! From frigid temperatures to mild Winter days, from casual to dressed up, these 5 Winter coats have you covered for every single occasion!

What to Wear to a Holiday Party | Outfit | #LivingAfterMidnite
Full post here (Also styled herehere, here & here)

A Classic Black Coat - If you only have one Winter coat, I would suggest a classic black coat. A knee length, wool version is probably the most versatile and practical style. I've had this black coat for over 5 years and I still wear it as much today as I did when I first got it. If you're missing this essential Winter coat in your collection, look for something timeless and simple so it never goes out of style.


A Pop of Red | Outfit | #LivingAfterMidnite
Full post here (Also styled here, here, here & here)

A Colorful Statement Coat - A statement coat is a must for every girl's closet. I opted for red (but also have a more casual orange coat), because it's perfect for the Holidays and it's very eye-catching! I went for a very plain style because I love being able to layer it over my fur vest or adding a fur collar to it to dress it up.


Lands End Down Coat | Winter Outfit | #LivingAfterMidnite
Full post here (shop my exact coat here ONSALE)

A Down Coat or Parka - If you're living in a mild climate a down coat or parka may not be essential, but it's a must for every girl living in New York and most of the northern areas of the country. It has the potential to get downright frigid during the months of January and February and the only coat that stands a chance at keeping you warm is a long down coat (preferably with a hood).



Bundled Up in a Camel Coat & Leather Boots for my January Go-To Outfit on Living After Midnite
Full post here (Also styled here)

A Camel Coat - A great camel coat is becoming more of a classic piece than a black coat and is definitely an essential for your Winter wardrobe. I opted for a style in a true camel color with a thick funnel collar and tie belt instead of a classic button down because I wanted it to be different than my classic black coat, but there are so many shades and styles available you should have no trouble finding exactly what you want.


Geometric Crop Top & Flare Jeans | #LivingAfterMidnite
Full post here (Also styled here)

A Duffle Coat - A duffle coat is the perfect casual Winter coat. I consider this black one my everyday coat when it's not super super cold. It's the perfect length to wear with dresses, skirts or pants and the zipper closure and fur trimmed hood keep me warm. I actually wore this style coat so much last Winter that I bought another one for this year in gray (shop it before it hits the blog here)!

And while I didn't include a (faux) fur coat on this list, because I don't necessarily think it's an essential for every woman, it's another great addition to your wardrobe! See how I styled my favorite ones here, here & here. What styles would you consider a Winter Essential? Leave me a comment and let me know!

The Holidays are here... catch up on my Holiday Posts & follow my Holiday Style Pinterest Board for what to wear, how to decorate & everything in between!

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  | Pinterest
Snapchat | @jackiegiardina

Labels: ,