What to Wear on Thanksgiving

What to Wear on Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is just over a week away and I'm so excited I can practically smell the turkey. Thanksgiving in my house is super super casual (I'm talking I could probably stay in my PJs all day if I wanted), but that doesn't mean I don't like to have fun with my casual look! I'll probably go for leggings or slouchy boyfriend jeans and a sweater (something suitable for eating a giant meal and sitting on the couch), but I know for some people Thanksgiving is a little bit fancier. No matter if you're dressing up or dressing down here are 4 things I like to keep in mind when picking out the perfect Thanksgiving Day outfit!

1. Opt for comfort over anything else! Leggings, cozy sweaters, stretchy jeans, trapeze dresses...all perfect options for staying comfy and looking cute!
2. If you're wearing pants go for a pair with (a lot of) stretch. Thanksgiving isn't the day you want to wear that new pair of skinny jeans.
3. If you must wear a dress, I suggest going sans tights! There's nothing worse than the feeling of the tight elastic waist band of your stockings digging into your stomach after you just finished stuffing your face.
4. Get festive! Whether that means wearing your favorite Fall colors (I'm a fan of jewel tones) or a sparkling piece of jewelry or an amazing pair of shoes you don't always get to wear (I mean you're going to be sitting most of the day anyway right?), wear something a little special...it is the start of the Holiday season after all!

Here are 5 outfits you can't go wrong with!
Fall Fashion | Oversized Sweater & White Jeans | #LivingAfterMidnite
See more photos of this look here



Loft Coatigan Boyfriend Jeans Leopard Pumps
See more photos of this look here



Chevron Cape & Brown Booties | Casual Fall Outfit | #LivingAfterMidnite
See more photos of this look here



East vs. West: Sole Society Booties
See more photos of this look here



Floral Dress & OTK Boots | #LivingAfterMidnite
See more photos of this look here


Come back on Friday for 6 more perfect Thanksgiving outfits!

*
The Holidays are here... catch up on my Holiday Posts & follow my Holiday Style Pinterest Board for what to wear, how to decorate & everything in between!

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  | Pinterest
Snapchat | @jackiegiardina

Labels: , , ,