Makeup Monday: Cherry Red Lipstick

Gold Eye Makeup | Cherry Red Lip | Valentine's Day Look
Gold Eye Makeup | Cherry Red Lip | Valentine's Day Look
Gold Eye Makeup | Cherry Red Lip | Valentine's Day Look

I'm stepping out of my comfort zone in the realm of red lipstick today with this bright orangey red shade! I'm no stranger to red lipstick (or any color lipstick for that matter), but this might be the first color that made me second guess my look. While I don't hate the way it looks on me, after seeing these photos it's safe to say that I think I would've liked this gold eyed look much better if it was paired with a more blue red or even a shade with a little purple or brown in it. 

I think I'm going to pack my orangey shades in the back of my makeup drawer until Summer, but I didn't want to didn't want this look to go to waste. Gold eyes and red lips will always be one of my favorite looks and with Valentine's Day coming up I'm sure both you and I will be wearing it soon!

Makeup Monday Cherry Red Lip Tutorial:
  1. Prep face with bliss Triple Oxygen Energizing Vitamin C Day Cream (c/o). Apply Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer to face with damp beautyblender. Conceal under eye circles with bareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer. Set foundation with bareSkin Perfecting Veil (c/o).
  2. Apply IT Cosmetics CC + Radiance Ombre Bronzer (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply IT Cosmetics CC + Radiance Ombre Blush (c/o) to apples of cheeks and blend. 
  3. Apply Schmooze from bareMinerals The Power Neutrals Palette (c/o) from lash line to crease and along lower lashes. Apply Boardroom from same palette in crease, outer corner and blend. Line upper lashes with Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner. Curl lashes with Sephora Show Curl Lash Curler. Prime lashes with Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer & follow with 1 coat of IT Cosmetics Tightline Mascara (c/o) on roots of lashes and 3 coats of Maybelline The Falsies Mascara. Groom and fill in brows with IT Cosmetics Skinny Brow Pencil (c/o). 
  4. Finish with Urban Decay Lipstick in F-Bomb (c/o) on lips.

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  | Pinterest
Snapchat | @jackiegiardina

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,