Makeup Monday: Purple Metallic Eye

Purple Metallic Eyemakeup featuring Maybelline Color Tattoo Crayons | Neutral Matte Lipstick
Purple Metallic Eyemakeup featuring Maybelline Color Tattoo Crayons | Neutral Matte Lipstick
Purple Metallic Eyemakeup featuring Maybelline Color Tattoo Crayons | Neutral Matte Lipstick

I've never been a fan of eyeshadow crayons because in the past every time I've used them they crease and crumble and just look like crap after an hour of applying them. I haven't bought any in years but when I got these Maybelline Color Tattoo Crayons in the prettiest frosty pink and purple colors at an event during Fashion Week I figured I would give them a shot. These crayons claim to last up to 24 hours and while I was extremely skeptical at first I was pleasantly surprised how well they worked!

I applied both of the shades directly to my bare lid (like a crayon) without any primer, I then lightly set both of the colors with shadows I had in similar colors and blended with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. I took these photos about 3 hours after I applied my makeup and you can see that it still looks perfect...no creasing, crumbling or smudging! If you're not great at applying eyeshadow but still like to experiment with it I would definitely recommend these crayons! Just apply them directly to your lid and blend into your crease with your finger (or a brush) and you're done!

Makeup Monday Purple Metallic Eye Makeup Tutorial:
  1. Prep face with bliss Triple Oxygen Energizing Vitamin C Day Cream (c/o). Apply Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer to face with damp beautyblender. Conceal under eye circles with bareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer. Set foundation with bareSkin Perfecting Veil (c/o).
  2. Apply IT Cosmetics CC + Radiance Ombre Bronzer (c/o) to hollows of cheeks and around hair line. Apply IT Cosmetics CC + Radiance Ombre Blush (c/o) to apples of cheeks and blend. 
  3. Apply Maybelline Color Tattoo Crayon in Lilac Lust (c/o) to lid and along lower lashes. Apply Maybelline Color Tattoo Crayon in Pink Parfait (c/o) to crease. Apply purple shade from e.l.f. Smoked to Perfection Palette (c/o) over purple crayon on lid. Apply shade 6 from e.l.f. Sunset Prism Eyeshadow Palette (c/o) over pink crayon in crease and blend. Line upper lashes with Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner. Line waterline with Maybelline Lasting Drama Get Pencil in Soft Nude (c/o). Brush eyelash extensions through with clean mascara wand. Groom and fill in brows with Benefit Brow Zings
  4. Highlight cheekbones, inner corners of eyes and under brows with e.l.f.'s Illuminating Palette (c/o).
  5. Apply Julep It's Whipped Matte Lip Mousse in Ooh La La (c/o) to lips.

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  | Pinterest
Snapchat | @jackiegiardina

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,