Life Lately...June 2015

Life Lately June 2015

Life Lately June 2015
When you get invited to a Holiday preview (can't believe companies are already showing Holiday collections) on a boat you don't hesitate to say yes! This selfie and the shot of the Manhattan Bridge above were from a cruise around the Hudson with Red Light PR and Bella Dahl earlier this month. If you follow me on Snapchat (@jackiegiardina) then you got a peek into the craziness of what happens when you "trap" a bunch of bloggers on a boat for 3 hours! 

NYC summer rooftop season is in full swing and I have a long list of ones I'm hoping to visit this year. This pic was taken at the Refinery Rooftop, hands down one of my favorites because a majority of it is inside which let's it stay open all year long!
Life Lately June 2015
For me weekends in the summer are all about relaxing, but sometimes I need to get off my butt and out exploring because after 27 years living in NY there are still so many places I need to see. This (& these) were snapped on the Peekskill Riverfront one Sunday afternoon exploring with my mom.

Of course we would literally pick the hottest day of the year so far to head to Citi Field to see the San Francisco Giants play the Mets. Of course up until that day nights were chilly so I wore jeans and seriously regretted my decision when it was still 90 degrees and humid at 11pm and I was melting. And I still stand by my decision that Citi Field is nicer than Yankee Stadium. 
Life Lately June 2015
I'm not ashamed to admit that 2 out of the 4 weekends this month I literally did nothing but sit by (or in) the pool and read. 

Have you ever been to Point Lookout, NY? It's a teeny tiny hamlet just between Jones Beach and Long Beach Island and my new favorite place ever. I was there for a baby shower over the weekend and I fell in love with the quaint beach houses, cute seaside restaurants, bike riding residents and 15 mph speed limit on all the roads. It's almost impossible to believe that you're just a few minutes from all the craziness that is Jones Beach.
Life Lately June 2015
Would you believe that I haven't been on a picnic since I was a kid? Living in NY I feel like picnicking is a way of life. After this impromptu picnic with Megan it's clear I need to up my outdoor eating game.

Umm did you know that Dylan's Candy Bar on 3rd Ave in NYC has a bar and restaurant on the top floor? Yeh, me either! The food is delicious and the candy inspired drinks like this Nerdy Mojito (yes, those are actual nerds in the bottom and a swedish fish "swimming" on top) are amazing! Definitely somewhere to stop by if you're in that area.
Life Lately June 2015
Dancing season is over and I literally don't know what to do with all my free time at night. Don't get me wrong, I love the break and I love getting to RSVP yes for events that I usually can't make it to, but it's only been a month and I miss it. Not going to lie, I already started a Spotify playlist of potential recital songs for next year.

If you didn't already know, I'm the queen of embarrassing photo booth pictures. These are only a couple of the funny ones I took with Melissa and Megan at the smartwater Lounge, I'll spare your eyes from the more ridiculous ones. 

Until next month...

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  | Pinterest
Snapchat | @jackiegiardina

Labels: ,