Makeup Monday: Fall Favorites

Fall Makeup Favorites | Beauty

Fall is officially here and over the weekend 50 degree temps made their first appearance of the season in New York. It's finally time to say goodbye to my sandals and bathing suits to make room for boots, sweaters and coats, and while it may be sad at first, when I change out my closet for a new season it's like getting a whole new wardrobe! While I'm looking forward to pulling out my Fall wardrobe favorites, I'm even more excited about wearing my favorite Fall beauty shades and trying out new makeup trends!!

Fall Makeup Favorites | Beauty

Instead of my usual Makeup Monday tutorial, I thought I'd switch it up this week and tell you about the new products I'm looking forward to using this season plus the products and colors I can't wait to wear from seasons past.

Fall Makeup Favorites | Beauty

Let's start with some of the new items I just added to my makeup bag! First up eyes! IT Cosmetics just sent me their new Naturally Pretty Eyeshadow Palette and while I haven't gotten a chance to test out too many of the colors I love what I used so far. The Romantics palette is filled with 14 soft matte shades and 1 transforming pearl shade meant to be worn on top of any of the shadows to "transform" it into a pearl finish. While stopping by one of their events last week I was introduced to their Tightline Waterproof Full Lash Length Mascara Primer and Brow Power Super Skinny Waterproof Pencil. I don't know how I survived without the Tightline Mascara for so long because I'm so bad at getting my mascara and eyeliner really close to the root of my lashes and always end up with a little bit of space (see old Makeup Monday posts). The teeny tiny brush on this mascara gets all the way to the root and fills in every single space! As for their new brow pencil this super skinny waterproof option is probably the most waterproof makeup I've ever used! I swatched a few colors on my hand in the morning and despite showering and washing my hands multiple times throughout the day it didn't budge until I wiped it off with a makeup removing wipe. Another mascara I've just discovered is Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! This may not be a new product, but it's new to me. I've been layering it over Maybelline The Falsies Mascara for a little more definition and I'm loving the result.

As for face products I've got one new and two old to tell you about. I'm all about trying new bronzers and IT Cosmetics Radiance Ombre Bronzer is exactly what I needed to give me a little glow for Fall. This huge palette features both a matte shade and a subtle shimmering shade so I can use whichever works best for the particular look I'm creating. Lately my skin as been particularly oily especially around my T-zone so this travel sized bareMinerals Illuminated Touch Up Veil (I'm using the Translucent shade) has been a savior to touch up on the go. As for foundation I'm still using MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation and I don't have any plans of using something different at the time (but am always open to suggestions!). Read my full review of the new MAC Waterproof Foundation here if you have any questions on it!

Fall Makeup Favorites | Beauty

Onto lip colors...which is clearly the bulk of this Fall Favorites post!! Now that the cooler weather is here I'm packing away my bright pinks and pulling out my favorite warm shades of red and plum. None of these shades are new, but PLEASE send me suggestions of your favorite colors because I'm always on the hunt for new favorites! My two favorite Fall reds are LAQA & Co. Fat Lip Pencil in Bossy Boots (wearing here) and Jane Iredale Lipstick in Ann (paired with the Jane Iredale Lip Pencil in Crimson, wearing here). Both of these shades are a much deeper, brownish red than I wear in the Summer and super flattering against my pale Fall skin. As for my plum favorites, Topshop Lipstick in The Damned (wearing here & here) and Vincent Longo Lipstick in Vanguard (wearing here & here) are both deep fuchsia shades perfect for those days you want to wear something bright, but still Fall appropriate! PS I'm on the hunt for the perfect deep wine colored lipstick, please send suggestions!!

How are you transitioning your makeup to Fall? What are some of your Fall beauty favorites?

*
IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Romantics Palette c/o / Maybelline The Falsies Mascara 
IT Cosmetics Tightline Waterproof Mascara Primer c/o / IT Cosmetics Brow Power Pencil c/o
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes / IT Cosmetics Radiance Ombre Bronzer c/o
MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation bareMinerals Illuminated Touch Up Veil
Topshop Lipstick in The Damned / Vincent Longo Lipstick in Vanguard 
LAQA & Co. Fat Lip Pencil in Bossy Boots / Jane Iredale Lip Pencil in Crimson
Jane Iredale Lipstick in Ann


Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  | Pinterest
Snapchat | @jackiegiardina

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,