If you follow me on Instagram or Snapchat you know that I got to kick off November in the best way possible - onboard Royal Caribbean's newest ship, Anthem of the Seas. Anthem of the Seas is the newest ship in Royal Caribbean's Quantum Class and the world's most revolutionary ship! Between the fastest internet at sea, futuristic entertainment and much more I find it hard to believe anyone would book a cruise with anyone else.
I was only on the ship for a short 36 hours but I tried to fit in as much as humanly possible, unfortunately I know from past experiences than even on a 7 day cruise you still don't get to see the entire boat and enjoy everything it has to offer! While I can't tell you everything this insanely amazing boat has to offer what I can tell you are my 5 favorite parts of my trip!
1. Simulated Skydiving on Ripcord by iFLY. Never did I ever think I would do something as crazy as simulated skydiving, let along try it on a cruise ship! When everyone signed up to give it a try I knew I would regret if I didn't sign up with them. I was literally scared to death while I was waiting my turn to fly, but it was all worth it. Hands down the coolest thing I've ever done!
2. Eat, Eat, Eat! This may seem like a completely ridiculous recommendation, but cruises have the most amazing food and there's a massive amounts of it around every corner. Anthem of Sea's new Dynamic Dining allows you to choose what dining plan works best for you, either the classic traditional main dining style or the new choice plan where you get to choose your restaurant and dining time each day and night! My suggestion when it comes to eating on a cruise - Don't be afraid of trying something you've never had before (especially because if you don't like it you can send it back for something different)! I ate everything from lobster tails to ham wrapped dates to duck and probably a bite of every dessert available on the boat!
3. Take a ride in the North Star. As if these cruise ships weren't already amazing, Royal Caribbean added an amazing capsule that ascends 300 ft above sea level (that's almost as high as Big Ben) to give you amazing 360 views of everything around you. Since we didn't dock anywhere during our cruise to no where there technically wasn't anything to "see" when we reached the top, but it doesn't change my opinion of how cool it was. I'm jealous of everyone who gets to experience the North Star when Anthem of the Seas is docked in the Caribbean - 360 view of tropical islands and crystal clear blue ocean!
4. Hit up the Seaplex. If you're taking this cruise with children I can guarantee they will be spending 95% of their time onboard there! Between bumper cars, trapeze classes, roller skating, basketball, X-box & more it's pretty amazing!
5. Enjoy a pre-dinner drink at one of the many bars and lounges onboard! One of my favorite parts of our trip was grabbing a drink with all my blogger friends and catching up before dinner each night! While we didn't get to visit all of the bars on board we did get to pop into quite a few! The Solarium has an amazing 180 view from the front of the boat, the Bionic Bar is bartender free because robots make your drinks for you, Vintages is super trendy and beautifully decorated, North Star Bar for a few outdoor cocktails and the Schooner Bar is perfect if your looking for a lounge setting with light piano music.